登录  
 加关注
查看详情
   显示下一条  |  关闭
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!立即重新绑定新浪微博》  |  关闭

蓝蓝海一方的博客

宠辱不惊,闲看庭前花开花落;去留无意,笑望天空云卷云舒。

 
 
 

日志

 
 

美国口语俚语(四)  

2011-05-21 11:03:43|  分类: 英语口语 |  标签: |举报 |字号 订阅

  下载LOFTER 我的照片书  |
1.round up集合
Round everybody up. It’s time for our business meeting.
叫大家集合,开会时间到了。
2.put someone up
留宿某人
I can put you up for a couple of days. My apartment is big enough for two people.
你可以在我这里住几天。我的公寓可以住两个人。
3.take care of business
负责
Who’s going to take care of business while I am away?
我不在的时候谁负责?
4.take out on
出气
Don’t take your frustrations out on me.
别把气出在我身上。
5.hot stuff
大人物
He thinks he’s hot stuff. But everybody else thinks he’s a jerk.
他自以为了不得,但其他人认为他是个傻瓜。
6.nitty-gritty
细节,基本情况
Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. I want to hear what happens next.
让我们来认真了解详细的情况,我想知道后来发生了什么。
7
no good很糟
This typewriter is no good. Every time I use it, the ribbon falls out.
这台打字机很糟。每次已用,色带就掉下来。
8.  have someone’s number
清楚某人的底细,看穿某人
She dare not do anything to me, I have her number.
她不敢对我怎么样的,因为我对她的底细一清二楚。
9.  hot number
新鲜、迷人的人或事务,尤物
       Tom thinks Sherry is a hot number.
       Tom
认为Sherry是个尤物。
10.  off the hook
逃脱,溜掉,不受罚
  I’ll let you off the hook this time, but don’t do that again.
  
这次不罚你,下次不要这样干了。 
11.hunky-dory
没问题
Everything here is hunky-dory. Don’t worry.
别担心,这里一切都没问题。
12.I kid you not
我不骗你
I kid you not. I saw this woman talking to her hand.
我不骗你。我看见这个女人跟她的手说话。
13.pop one’s cork
大发脾气
I’ve never seen Teresa pop her cork before. I always thought she was a very laid-back person.
我从来没见过Teresa发脾气。我原来一直以为她是个好好小姐。
14.poke one’s nose into something
多管闲事
Gladys is always poking her nose into other people’s business. I don’t see how she has time to take care of her own affairs.
格拉迪斯总是爱管闲事,我不知道她怎么会有时间处理她自己的事。
15.pull a fast one
欺骗
He tried to pull a fast one on us, but we caught on before he got away with it.
他想要欺骗我们,但在他阴谋得逞之前我们就知道了。 
16.beats me
我不知道
Beats me. We haven’t learned that.
我不知道。我们还没学过那个。
17.beat it
走开
Beat it! I’m busy right now.
走开!我现在正忙着。
18.beat a dead horse
白费口舌,白费力气
I’ve already made up my mind. There’s no sense beating a dead horse.
我已经下了决心,不要再白费口舌了。
19.John Hancock
签名
Put your John Hancock right here.
请在这里签名。
20.keep it under raps
保密
Don’t tell anyone about the party. Let’s just keep it under eraps.
不要吧晚会的事告诉任何人。这件事情不要泄漏出去。 
21.kick around
讨论;多考虑一下
Let’s kick around a few more proposals before we come to a final decision.
我们最后决定之前多考虑几个方案吧。
22.junkie
吸毒者
The junkie stole money in order to buy more drugs.
这名吸毒者为了买更多的毒品而偷钱。
23.put away
大吃大喝
I’ve never seen anybody put away so much food and still look so thin.
我从未见过这么能吃的人还这么瘦。
24.put a move on
挑逗
He tried to put the moves on her, but she turned him down.
他想要挑逗她,但她拒绝了他。
25.put one’s ass on the line
两肋插刀,不惜一切
I put my ass on the line for you. I know you’ll do the same for me someday.
我为你两肋插刀,我知道有朝一日你也会为我这么做。
26.drag
讨厌
What a drag! There’s nothing to do here!
真是讨厌!这里没什么可干的!
27.a drop in the bucket
沧海一粟
The amount of money Mr. Howell spent on a new Rolls-Royce was just a drop in the bucket compared to his annual salary.
豪威尔先生卖一辆辛劳斯莱斯汽车的钱和他的年薪相比不过是沧海一粟。
28.drop dead
去死
Suzy told Mike, “Drop dead!” when he kept teasing her about her weight.
麦克不停的取笑苏齐的体重时,苏齐说:你去死吧!
29.down and out
穷困潦倒
Sarah was down and out after losing her job and her apartment.
萨拉丢掉工作和房子后变得穷困潦倒。
30.all that jazz
诸如此类
He only cares about basketball, TV, girls, and all that jazz.
他只关心篮球、电视、女孩这一类事情。
  评论这张
 
阅读(68)| 评论(2)

历史上的今天

评论

<#--最新日志,群博日志--> <#--推荐日志--> <#--引用记录--> <#--博主推荐--> <#--随机阅读--> <#--首页推荐--> <#--历史上的今天--> <#--被推荐日志--> <#--上一篇,下一篇--> <#-- 热度 --> <#-- 网易新闻广告 --> <#--右边模块结构--> <#--评论模块结构--> <#--引用模块结构--> <#--博主发起的投票-->
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

页脚

网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2018